If you’re abroad and someone says, ‘You Indian guys are not creative enough; don’t get disheartened because we had great people such as astronomer Aryabhatta among us. Aryabhatta’s contribution of the invention of ‘zero’ is well known. On the other hand, people such as Sabeer Bhatia invented a free method to store retrieve and receive document and emails.
Sabeer Bhatia and Jack Smith together founded Hotmail in 1993. Then Hotmail had features like a free account with storage space of just 250 MB, spam filters and virus scanning.
Later in 1997, Microsoft bought Hotmail for an amount of $400 million. Microsoft rechristened it as MSN Hotmail, later rebranded to Windows Live Hotmail.
Microsoft released the final form of Hotmail in October 2011. It was available in g36 languages. It was taken over by Outlook.com.
After knowing the history of Hotmail, let’s check what we can do with Hotmail.
Features of Hotmail
Once you, log into Hotmail, you can perform so many things. Here are some important ones.
This feature enables the user to directly interact with emails. Hotmail is a popular free email service offered by Microsoft.
The calendar enables you to add and refer to the calendar events saved in your account. You can bring changes to the calendar without having to need to reload the page.
Contacts that are connected via your device can be easily managed and are automatically updated and saved
Integration of office
This feature enables you to view, edit and create Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel document attached to the email online without having to download them.
It enables the user free storage space up to an unlimited amount through a single drive.
The information and data you furnish while creating your account are kept confidential. Your data is not shared with third parties. Hotmail uses content alone for notifying services.
You can get Hotmail at no cost
You don’t have to pay a price when you sign your account.
You might be required to pay if you use other services such as Skype.
Skype enables you to do video calls and voice call to people around the world. For this, you can use your Hotmail account to open login into Skype. You can also use its various features.
How to create a Hotmail account?
- First, visit the official website of MSN Hotmail login. The URL for Hotmail is https://live.com www.Hotmail.com or https://outlook.com.
- You’d find three options which include Ger Premium where you need to pay for the extra services provided by the Microsoft to its premium customers.
- Create an account if you already have one, on Hotmail and you can sign up if you wish to register yourself for Microsoft\s services.
- Type in the Homail.com search bar on your browser. A sign in window will appear.
- Click on Sign In button and move ahead
- Now, click on the Create Account button, a text box (New email) will come with a drop-down menu. It asks you for extension of the email as hotmail.com or outlook.co. type the username and the extension you wish to keep. If the username you choose already exists, you will get alert saying you need to choose a new one. Click on the Next button after doing it.
- Now write the email id you wish to create.