How to login to your Gmail account? Create www.gmail.com, learn more about Gmail email login and signin settings. The most famous email login service all across the globe is www.gmail.com. You simply have to create a Google Account to access Gmail Email services. Apart from this, you can also use Google products like Google+, Gmail, YouTube, etc. by logging in to your Google Account.
While logging in to your Google Account on the web, to ensure security, make sure that you are using https instead of HTTP. Also, you can use application for desktop and mobile, you will require an App password to access your account. Now get access to Google Account and its services by following some simple steps.
Sign In To www.gmail.com – Before Process
Before signing in to your Google account, you need to ensure that you have signed up for your Google Account. It is important to create an account before sign into the gmail.com. If you forget that you sign in to any Google account then simply go to the password assistance page and enter your email address. A message will be displayed on your screen “No account found with that email address” if there is no account associated with the provided email address.
Sign In To Gmail – Step-By-Step Process on Web
You need to visit the Google sign-in page in order to sign in your account. Then type your username and password to get access to your Google account. If you are lazy enough to enter your password again and again then simply save it to your browser. Also, you can easily recover your password, in case you forget it which is very natural if you have multiple accounts.
- Visit google.com, you will see the Gmail button in the upper right corner of the home screen. Click the button.
- You will be redirected to the sign in page where you need to enter your username and press next.
- On the next page, enter your password that you set during the registration process.
- If you are logging in from your own PC, then it is recommended to press Stay signed in Through this, you don’t have to enter your password again while logging in to your account in future.
- Click sign in and you will be redirected to your email account.
Sign In To Gmail – Step-By-Step Process on Application
The users can easily access their Google Account by logging in to the official website or by the third-party or first-party application. You simply have to follow the few steps to log in to your Gmail account.
- It is better to enable 2-step verification service on your Gmail account for easy access.
- You need to create a specific password to do so.
- The password will be app specific to sign in to your Gmail account. Through this, you don’t have to use the original password of Google account. If you try to log in with your account password then you might see the error password incorrect.
Google received their terms and condition in 2014 that disable the less secure applications that need Google account access. There were many applications which were affected due to the change such as:
- Window phone mail application past window 8.1 phone.
- Desktop mailing clients like Thunderbird and Outlook.
- IPad and iPhone mail application like IOS 6 and prior.
- Third-party applications on Android Operating system.
Anyhow, if you still want to access the less secure application through Google account then there are many other options to follow.
- If you are not using the 2-step verification process on your account then you can go to the setting then security and then simply enable allow less secure apps
- Use a different application or service that is more secure.
- Enable the 2 step verification and then easily generate an application specific password on. This will easily log in to the less secure app.
Sign In To Gmail – Multiple Accounts
Nowadays it is common to have more than one Google account. Everyone has a personal and Corporate Google account that is used for office work. You can easily log in to multiple Google accounts and switch between them without signing in or out of an account. Simple follow:
- Add session for login
- Chose an account to log in
Sign In To Gmail – Problem
The most common error you will face while Google account Sign in is the secure connection and incorrect password. For your own security Google will only allow your login over a secure network, so make sure that your navigation bar is displaying https so that you can access your account.
Also, your Google account password is case sensitive, so while typing it make sure you are tying correctly like caps lock key. You won’t be able to read the password as it is displayed as ******* making it encrypted. A message will be displayed to you in case of error and you can easily use the guidelines to have a secure login.
Log Out Of Gmail
To keep your Google Account secure, make sure to log out of the public computer or if the system is not yours once you are done with your work. You can easily log out by following few simple steps.
- Navigate to gmail.com and if you are directed to the login page instead of email account then you are already logged out of your account.
- At the top right corner, you will see your picture if you have set it up. Click on it. A drop-down menu will be opened. At the bottom of that menu, you will see an option saying sign out. Simply, click on it.
- Once the page is loaded you will see that you are on the login page. Hence you are successfully logged out of your account.
Manage Gmail Account
It is very easy to actually manage your Google Account. As you might have already provided all the necessary information while signing in, there is not much to do after that. You can provide extra security by enabling 2-step verification option. Also, you can follow the strategies that will help you to manage emails, by using Google priority inbox. Apart from this, you can see the options like spam folder that will filter spam emails.